I have worked in elite youth and senior football for over 10 years, gaining a wealth of experience in analysis and also coaching. Currently I am Head of Performance and Research at Wolverhampton Wanderers, where I lead on the analysis provision across the first team and academy. Before this I worked as the lead first team analyst, with my main focus being on opposition analysis and match preparation, and also as the Head of Academy analysis prior to joining the first team.
Career history before Wolves:
Duhail Sports Club Analyst / Assistant Coach – Reserve Team 2015-2016
- Supported head coach in developing and delivering a coaching programme with the professional players currently in the clubs reserve side
- Incorporated analysis programme into the development of individual players and opposition tactical evaluations
QFA, Qatar / ASPIRE Academy for Sports Excellence Performance Analyst / Opposition Scouting 2008 – 2015
- Worked as the lead performance analyst for the Senior national team as well as a number of the Qatar Youth squads (16- 19s)
- Work alongside technical staff to provide performance analysis and opposition scouting for Qatar’s Senior and U23 national squads, utilising Sportscode and Prozone software to generate high quality, accurate results and presentations
- Use a range of methods to collect, record and provide players with the necessary feedback, in order to enhance the coaching process and the development and improvement of training sessions
- Combines coaching knowledge and application / analysis theory to fully integrate both sides of the process at an elite level
Blackburn Rovers FC Academy Coach & Performance Analyst 2007 – 2008
- Coordinated the performance analysis for the U16 team and the full-time U18 squad.
- Utilised Sportscode and Prozone Matchviewer to provide in-depth team, unit and individual performance analysis
- Worked with the U13s to plan, deliver and evaluate age-appropriate training sessions and manage game programme
2014, Liverpool John Moores University, United Kingdom, BSc (Hons) Applied Sport Psychology