Brian Ashton MBE was born Leigh, Lancashire in 1946. Educated at the Royal Grammar School, Lancaster, Brian studied history at the University of Leicester before teaching history and games for almost 30 years.
He played Rugby at Senior Club, Representative and International Level (including 5 years in France and Italy) as well as coaching Bath Rugby from 1988 to 1996. His impressive trophies include 6 Premier League Titles and 7 England Rugby Cup Final Victories
Brian had 86 International games with England Senior Team including:
- 1999 World Cup quarter final (assistant)
- 2003 World Cup winners (assistant)
- 2007 World Cup Runners up (Head Coach)
Over his career Brian has mentored for;
- English Cricket
- British Swimming
- Wigan Rugby League
- England rugby union
- England Netball
- Lawn Tennis Association
- Various business companies (Xerox, Experian)
- Wells Cathedral School, Somerset
- Lancaster Royal Grammar School
- International Rugby Academy, New Zealand
- Welsh Rugby Union
- Scottish Rugby Union
- Italian Rugby Federation
- Premier League Football – ECAS (5 years + EHOC Coach Educator and Mentor at
- Man Utd, Newcastle United, Man City, Everton, Burnley + EFL clubs
Brian has a visionary (with a touch of steel) approach to Coaching and Performing based on a 21st Century Street Games. He coaches with an ABC mindset and a CIA action set via the 10 “F” words of Coaching.
Brian also tries to be a SUPERVUCA coach – vibrant; unreal; crazy; astounding.