The Football Medical and Performance Association (FMPA) is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our members and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our members to be truly representative of all sections of society and to feel respected.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- provide equality, fairness and respect for all members
- not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation
- oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination
The organisation commits to:
- encourage equality and diversity within the organisation as they are good practice and make business sense
- create an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions are recognised and valued
This commitment includes members conducting themselves to help the organisation provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination