Terms & Conditions
The term FMPA or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 6A Cromwell Terrace, Gisburn Road, Barrowford, Lancashire. Our company name is League Medical Ltd trading as Football Medicine & Performance Association and the registration number is 08653986. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
FMPA cannot guarantee that the website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
FMPA will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, or any other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, data, computer programs or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or to your downloading of any content on the website, or linked to the website, where FMPA have taken reasonable security to prevent this.
You agree to indemnify and hold FMPA and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against FMPA by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by FMPA in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, FMPA will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
Whilst FMPA makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all information it provides is accurate, FMPA makes no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that the Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
FMPA will not be liable to you for any loss suffered (even if such loss is foreseeable) in relation to your use or inability to use the Website, any inaccuracies or delays on the Website or any reliance by you on content contained on the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of FMPA for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of FMPA or that of its employees or agents.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Whilst every effort is made to verify statements and information submitted by FMPA members, the information compiled by FMPA is based on information supplied by various individuals and businesses, it does not represent the views of FMPA and FMPA cannot be held responsible for any omissions or inaccurate claims that may appear.
Users of the service do hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that FMPA does not make any warranty or guarantee over the quality, timing, integrity, responsibility, legality or any other aspect whatsoever of the materials or services offered or delivered by its members to their customers.
You hereby expressly agree not to hold FMPA (or FMPA’s agents, representatives, advertisers or employees) liable for any instruction, advice or services delivered which originated through the website or associated Services and FMPA expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies that have arisen or may arise, whether known or unknown therefrom.
Uploading content to the Website/Register
If you are over the age of 18 you are permitted to upload content. Where you upload content to the Website you must ensure that all content uploaded:
- Is accurate, true, up to date, genuine and not misleading;
- Is relevant and appropriate;
- Complies with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which the content is posted or viewed and does not promote illegal activity;
- Complies with the Privacy Notice and does not disclose any personal or confidential information;
- Does not contain material which is or potentially could be defamatory, obscene, aggressive, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or rude;
- Does not infringe the copyright or any intellectual property rights of any person and where such content relates to an image, you must ensure that all necessary consents and authorisations have been obtained;
- Does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Does not relate to the services provided by FMPA;
- Does not have the purpose or effect of advertising, discussing or commenting on third party businesses who are not a Member;
- Is not threatening, abusive or invades others privacy or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Does not impersonate any person or misrepresent identities or affiliations; or
- Does not give the impression that it emanates from FMPA (if this is not the case).
Where content you upload does not comply with the Content Standards or requires clarification, FMPA may contact you for further information, before publishing such content.
You warrant that all content you upload shall comply with the Content Standards, and you agree to indemnify FMPA for any loss FMPA suffers as a result of your failure to comply with the Content Standards.
FMPA will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content uploaded by you to the Website.
FMPA reserves the right to remove or withhold any content at any time which it considers fails to adhere with the Content Standards.
FMPA reserves the right to edit content you upload to amend spelling, grammar, punctuation, length, for the purposes of clarity and to ensure that the content can comply with the Content Standards.
FMPA Register Practitioner’s Eligibility
- Registrants must have worked in a professional capacity with players or a club in the top 5 tiers in English football, the top 2 tiers in Scotland, National Teams or the FA WSL1.
- Eligible practitioners: Doctors, Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists, Sport Scientists, Soft Tissue Therapists, Performance Analyst, Fitness Coach, Strength & Conditioning Coach, Surgeons, Physicians, Podiatrists, Sports Psychologists, Osteopaths/Chiropractors, Dentists, Nutritionists, Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- All practitioners should hold appropriate Indemnity insurance.
- Strict guidelines as to eligibility for register entitlement are already established and each application will be verified on an individual basis.
- Registrant members will require authorisation before a listing becomes active.
- All practitioners must become members of the FMPA and remain as members for the duration of their listing on the register.
- Where a practitioner has worked in a Clubs Academy, they must have been in full time employment. Part time and casual staff are not eligible.
- The FMPA reserves the right to withhold, remove or cancel membership, registration and profile on the FMPA Register, at any time.
- The FMPA can add certain professions at their discretion.
- It is the practitioners’ responsibility to undertake the required DBS check, where appropriate
- All practitioners must be registered with their individual professional registration bodies, where applicable.
Users of the FMPA Register are responsible for ensuring that practitioners have carried out the necessary DBS check, where appropriate.