Coronavirus: What employers (and employees) need to know
The FMPA have been fielding many calls from concerned members regarding their position at clubs during this unprecedented time. Accordingly, we are in liaison with our Lawyers, Knights PLC, who, along with the FMPA, have produced a statement for Members concerning the law around employment. We are also increasing our online content that Members will find of benefit whilst at home.
To compliment the document we will be conducting a question and answer podcast on Monday. Though most of the answers to your questions will be contained in the attached literature, if there are any questions that you would like to be put to the lawyers please send over the next 2 days to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The podcast will be available to all Members.
The attached document discusses:
- Temporary changes to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) in relation to self-isolation
- Sending employees home and working from home
- Time off for employees to care for dependants
- Requiring employees to take holiday
- Invoking lay off and short time working
- Short-time working
- Potential implications
- Deferred payment of wages
- Staggered payment of wages
As the situation changes this document will be updated.
MEMBERS WILL NEED TO BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW THIS DOCUMENT