Football Medicine & Performance Publication
LATEST EDITION – WINTER 2020, Issue 31
- Injury Mitigation in Team Sports. Part-2: The risk management approach
Colin W. Fuller
- Injuries in Football: It’s Time to Stop Chasing the Training Load Unicorn
Franco M. Impellizzeri, Aaron J. Coutts, Maurizio Fanchini, Alan McCall
- Cautious Return to Play Could Prevent Muscle Injuries in Professional Football
Håkan Bengtsson, Jan Ekstrand, Markus Waldén, Martin Hägglund
- Generalised Joint Hypermobility – Why should it be screened for within a football setting?
- Understanding and Developing Relationships in the Modern Football Hierarchy
Dr Daniel Parnell, Professor Barry Drust
- What to do and When to do it? The Tricky Question of Specialisation in Youth Football
- Training the Semi-Professional Footballer
Daniel Bernardin, Dylan Mernagh
- Karen Carney – A Pioneer for the Women’s Game
- Wrist Injuries in Goalkeepers
Raj Bhatia, Adam Esa, Sam Haines
- Neurodegenerative Disease Mortality Among Former Professional Soccer Players – Summary
- Job Insecurity: Reducing Its Negative Effect on Your Wellbeing
EDITOR – Sean Carmody
Dr Sean Carmody is a medical doctor working within the NHS and with Queens Park Rangers FC. He is also Secretary of the FA Medical Society.
Connie Briggs works as a Specialist MSK Physiotherapist in Central London and Academy Physiotherapist at Tottenham Hotspur FC.
Lead Sports Scientist
Frankie Hunter is the Lead Sport Scientist at Middlesbrough Football Club. Frankie has previously held roles at Hull City and Southampton.
Dr Nirmala Perera
University of Oxford
Dr Nirmala Perera is a postdoctoral fellow based at the University of Oxford. Her research is focused on injury surveillance and optimising implementation of injury prevention programmes in youth sports, with a special interest in the female athlete.
Dr Manroy Sahni
Aston Villa FC Academy
Dr Manroy Sahni is a medical doctor working within the NHS and at Aston Villa FC Academy.
Dr Andrew Shafik
Dr Andrew Shafik is an NHS doctor based in the North East. He is currently carrying out work with the British Journal of Sports Medicine and Newcastle United FC Academy.
Academy Sports Scientist
Paris Saint Germain FC
Matthew Brown is currently the academy sports scientist at Paris Saint Germain F.C and is also a PhD candidate in collaboration with the French National Institute of Sport Expertise and Performance (INSEP).